What is Mold and where is it found?
by Kip Teaford, M.D.
- Allergic individuals should not have their bedrooms in a basement.
- HEPA air cleaners can remove mold spores from the air.
CONTROLLING OUTSIDE MOLD EXPOSURE
- Avoid cutting grass and raking leaves.
- Avoid exposure to compost piles, hay, and barns.
- Minimize early morning activity as most mold (and pollen) is release between 5 and 10 AM.
- Do not hang sheets or clothing out to dry and molds (and pollen) may collect on these items
- Keep car windows closed when traveling by car.
- Correct drainage problems near the house as pooled water increases mold formation.
- Camp only from February through August to avoid peak mold season.
Posted in: Molds